Who we are and what this policy covers relating to your personal data
UVR operates as a commercial participator to help provide accessible, cost effective and bespoke UV shade solutions for UK schools, supplied and installed by one of the countries most trusted educational play equipment suppliers - Fawns - and manufactured by one of the worlds leading UPF fabric manufacturers Coolaroo.
1. What personal data we collect about you? We may request that you provide us with some basic personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number and details regarding your enquiry. In addition, you may consent to us referring your enquiry to our supply partner, Fawns and/or sending you related marketing material.
2. How we collect it and from whom? We collect data from you when you submit a request to us for information or register on our partner website https://www.fawns.co.uk/equipment-for-schools/ . This is collected from our website and from any phone calls or email correspondence you make to us.
3. What do we use your personal data for? We use your personal data in order to provide online support when you enquire about our services. If consent is given on our website, we will also use your personal data (such as email address) to send you related news and information.
4. What is our lawful basis for using your personal data? When you register an interest in a UV Shade, we have a Legitimate Interest in providing you with personalised online content to allow you to process your enquiry.
5. Do we need your consent to the use of your personal data? In certain circumstances this may be necessary. In those circumstances, you will be fully informed about why your data is being used and your consent requested. Your right to withdraw your consent will be explained.
6. Do we share your personal data? We will refer your enquiry to our supply partner, Fawns for the sole purpose of processing your enquiry and we only permit them to process your personal data for this specified purpose.
7. For how long do we retain your personal data? We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to process your enquiry, or until you request we delete. We may store aggregated data for up to five years (see below).
8. What rights do you have in relation to your personal data? Your rights are explained below in more detail but, among other things, you have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of all of the personal data that we hold about you and you also have the right to be forgotten.
9. How do we make sure your personal data is secure? Once we have any of your personal data we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. Where we require our partner to store your data, this will only be on the basis that they operate stringent security processes.
2. Personal data we collect about you.
The personal data we ask you to supply as part of registering your interest is as follows:
· Your name (first name and last name)
· The name and postal address of your school
· A contact telephone number and email address
· Optional information relating to your enquiry
In the event of our using an external marketing service provider, said organisation may collect data such as your IP address and information about the browser and type of device you use with the legitimate interest of monitoring and analyzing aggregated statistical and demographic data.
3. How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data from you in a number of different ways:
· you may share information with us in order to register your enquiry online;
· we may collect technical and usage data such as IP address, browser type, time zone settings, current location, operating system and information regarding the device(s) you have used to access our website and how you have used our website.
4. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data only when the law allows us to. We most commonly use your personal data in the following circumstances...
· When you register an interest in a shade and we need to provide personalised online content or posted, printed resources in relation to your enquiry.
· where it is considered necessary for our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, and your interests, as long as your fundamental rights do not override these;
· where we are required to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
· managing our relationship with you (for example, asking you for feedback on any shade installation);
· send email communications if explicit consent has been provided in order for us to do so;
· use of data analytics to improve the website, products, marketing and user experience;
· For internal reporting purposes to help us measure the success and impact we are generating on a regional and national scale.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
· With your consent, agencies whom we have retained to assist us to conduct promotional and marketing activity as well as provide technical assistance and support.
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties:
· if we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or any lawful request from any legal or regulatory authority; or
· to respond to any claims, and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Most third parties with whom we share your personal data are limited (by law and by contract) in their ability to use your personal data for the specific purposes identified by us. These third parties are themselves subject to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). They will be responsible for their own processing of personal data to the extent that processing is subject to, or relates to, those regulations.
We will always ensure that any third parties with whom we share your personal data are subject to privacy and security obligations consistent with this privacy notice and applicable laws.
We will ensure that we get your opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any external third parties that we use for email marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us or third parties to request that we remove your email address from our database which can take up to 2 working days to complete.
If we wish to use your personal data for any other purpose, we will update this privacy notice and inform you.
5. Your legal rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis time we use, share or otherwise process your personal data. When you use our site(s) to register for one of our accreditations, the processing of your personal data is necessary to allow you to complete the accreditation, receive any online or printed resources and to allow us to provide you with support.
When we say "legitimate interests", we mean ours (or a third party's) interests in operating the service as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
In order for you to receive the full benefit of our site(s), such as completing one of our accreditations or receive marketing communications, we will need your consent to collect and use your personal data. Under these circumstances, we will inform you of how the data you provide will be collected, stored and used before seeking your consent. In addition, you will be informed how to withdraw or modify your consent at any time.
You may withdraw your consent, or object to our processing of your personal data in a certain way (where you have the right to do so), by contacting us via the contact us email address detailed on our website.
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data; those rights will not necessarily apply in all cases or to all personal data which is processed by us.
For example, certain rights will not apply where we need to process personal data to comply with our legal duties.
You have the right to request that we:
· provide you with a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
· update any of your personal data which is out of date or incorrect;
· delete any personal data which we hold about you;
· restrict the way that we process your personal data;
· consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal data; or
· provide your personal data to a third party provider of services.
We will consider all such requests (including whether they apply in a particular case) and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law which is 30 days (1 month of receipt)
When you make a request, we will acknowledge your request and we may ask you to provide us with some further information to allow us to confirm your identity.